Did You Know…
Not every cat is meant to snuggle in your lap. Some are much happier being pest control. That’s where we come in. The Career Cat Program finds local barns, warehouses, wineries and distilleries, greenhouses and residential homes willing to adopt our furry friends.
At their new homes, these cats have the freedom to roam around while chasing down unwanted rodents in their free time, resulting in a win-win scenario for both the owner and cat. Plus all career cats come vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and ear tipped or microchipped.
What You Need To Get Started:
- All career cat adoption fees are waived!
- Some sort of shelter, whether it be a barn, granary, shed or even your house.
- Adequate food and water for the cat, which cannot sustain itself by simply catching rodents.
- Ability to pay for long-term veterinary care if needed.
- A secure place to keep them for the first two to three weeks as they become acclimate.
- If needed, acclimation setup for the first three weeks is provided, which includes a crate, litter, a litter pan, dry and canned food, bowls and blankets to assist in cat care.
- Transportation or arranging a designated meeting location is available for adopters farther away.
We want to set you and your career cat up for success!
Heritage Humane Society’s Medical Team will be available to lend their advice and expertise to help foster a smooth transition.