Adopt a Cat or Kitten
(Updated every hour)
MONDAY: CLOSED FOR DEEP CLEANING
TUESDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
WEDNESDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
THURSDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
FRIDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
SATURDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
SUNDAY: 12 noon – 4:30pm
Please note the adoption process will take around 30 minutes. Be sure to arrive at least one hour prior to closing so we have time to assist you. All adoptions are facilitated on a first come, first served basis.
Before You Fall in Love:
Our goal is to set you and your new pet up for success! Adopting a pet can be a great experience for you and your family. A new pet can instantly warm your heart as they join your family. A new pet can also be a challenge if you have not considered all the factors before you adopt.
- Have I talked about adopting a new pet with everyone in my household?
- Do I have the financial resources to care for a pet?
- Are there any restrictions on the kind or number of pets I can have where I live? If you rent, please bring a copy of the rental’s pet policy, lease, or letter from your landlord.
- Keep in mind that in order to adopt from the Heritage Humane Society, you must be at least 18 years old and show a current photo ID.
This is Not A Drill: Foster Homes Needed
Did you know, each year more than 500 lives are saved through the Heritage Humane Society’s Foster Program
Do you have a spare bedroom, bathroom, or basement? These spaces make fantastic places to foster litters of kittens. Heritage Humane recommends keeping foster pets separate from owned pets for various health and behavior reasons.
As a Heritage Humane Society foster volunteer, medical care, an supplies are provided (depending on donated items at the time).
1. Commit to about 4 – 6 weeks per litter
2. Provide care and work to socialize pets
4. Have a space that is easy to clean and disinfect
5. Ability to transport to appointments
Interested? Contact us at [email protected]
A simple phone interview will follow, and training will be scheduled.