Questions? Please contact us!
Or call 757-221-0150 ext:0
*Our Front Desk Team can be contacted by phone between the hours of 8 AM – 4:30 PM daily. Due to the increased frequency of calls, we ask that if you don’t reach someone or if you call after hours – please leave a detailed voicemail with your contact information.
COVID-19 Operational Updates
In light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic, Heritage Humane Society is making some operational changes in accordance with recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control to minimize risk. The safety of our staff, volunteers, visitors, and pets continue to be our top priority.
- Starting on Sunday, March 15 Heritage Humane Society switched to an appointment-only adoption process. Please email or call our front desk at 757-221-0150 ext:0 to schedule a visit with a dog or cat.
- Heritage Humane Society will remain appointment only for owner surrenders.
- We are still available for stray pet intakes from 8 AM – 4 PM daily. If possible, please call ahead when bringing a stray pet to the shelter. When you arrive at the front of the shelter please ring the door bell so that a staff member can assist you.
- Our Kibble Kitchen will remain open for those who need extra help. Heritage Humane Society is committed to assisting community members care for their pets during this difficult time. Our Kibble Kitchen is appointment only. Our front desk team can be reached by email or by phone at 757-221-0150 ext:0 from 8 AM – 4 PM daily.
Looking for ways to help?
- Unopened bags/containers/cans of all types of pet foods
- Unopened bags/containers of cat litter
- Pet toys that can be easily sanitized/washed
- Pet kennels/carriers
- Miracle Nipples
- KMR Milk Replacement (canned & powder)
- Laundry detergent (H/E washers)
- Paper towels
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Paper
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Trash Bags
- Handmade/homemade items
- Opened bags of food/treats/cat litter
- Blankets/sheets/towels/pet beds
- Yard sale items