DID YOU KNOW?
- Your monthly gift of $25 will provide food for one month for a neglected pet
- Your monthly gift of $50 will provide a set of vaccines for one pet upon arrival at the shelter
- Your monthly gift of $100 will cover the spay/neuter costs for one pet before adoption
- Your monthly gift of $250 will sponsor one pet from intake through adoption
- Your monthly gift of $500 will provide urgent veterinary care for an emergency intake
Heritage Humane Society operates an open-admission shelter. This means as an organization we accept every animal that walks through our doors, regardless of age, breed, health or disposition within our jurisdiction*. Because HHS is an open admission, resources must be in place before the next pet arrives at our door. As a Heritage Hero YOU make these resources possible.
*Heritage Humane Society’s jurisdiction includes James City County, York County District 1 and the City of Williamsburg.
Monthly Giving Options
When you become a Heritage Hero (monthly donor), an automatic and recurring gift can be easily set-up through this form:
When you become a Heritage Hero (monthly donor), an automatic and recurring gift can be easily set-up through this form. It’s a convenient way to give – you can give automatic gifts via your credit or debit card.
At any time you can call us and we can make adjustments to your monthly gifts.
Donors like that they’re able to provide steady, ongoing support. Donors also appreciate that they are able to make a larger annual gift (building their tax deduction) because payments are spread out all year. And we can count on monthly, sustainable donations to provide top-quality care throughout the year.
Heritage Humane Society is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) – 54-1641580 of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are deductible to the fullest extent of the law in computing income and estate taxes.